Sunday, December 18, 2011

The View From My Seat

Today was awesome.  I know that's a teenage word but there's no other way to describe it.  Today my Papa, my kids and I flew for the first time.  I won't lie, this was not on my list of "things to do".  I've always considered myself afraid of heights, after today, I'd say that's still true.

A very kind hearted pilot took my Papa's request to fly to heart and made it a reality today.  Papa was all smiles.  My kids were all smiles.  I, on the other hand, was split in two.  One on hand I was thrilled this was happening, the smile on their faces was enough to make me glad I went.  Though to be honest, I thought at one point I was gonna have to use my boggin as a puke bag.  (Well, it was either my boggin or one of my shoes.)

I can say this much...It was something none of us will forget.  I glad I "mommed up" and got in the plane.  I can scratch flying off my bucket list, right along with Papa scratching it off his.

No comments:

Post a Comment